Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Coles Financial Services are currently asking all customers…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl - Coles...

Hi Pearl - Coles Financial Services are currently asking all customers to re-register online giving their Coles Myercard number AND their PIN and CSV. I’m extremely wary about entering any of these online - particularly my PIN. Is this legal?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Legally?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Other than there are many people unhappy with this.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/7/2018
Solicitor: Ray, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Can I ask why I’ve already been charge $62 in addition to the $5 refundable deposit? I wasn’t told about this?

These guys are total scammers.There are numerous internet reports of them scamming funds in this manner.You can see one here.I would not do this and give them this information

https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/coles-financial-services-credit-card-fraud-dept-c817607.html

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

EXcuse me - it’s your company who have just taken $67 from my account....... I want to know why??

I just answer questions here, this was likely a deposit only.

It was only stated as $5 refundable deposit. Not $62!! Who do I contact to reverse this?

I will opt out here and let customer service respond.

Not leaving this site until my $62 has been refunded..... Then I’m going to the ombudsman...

JustAnswer/Customer service

1(###) ###-####/p>