Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have to attend a court hearing tomorrow as I put a

Customer Question
Hi I have to...

Hi I have to attend a court hearing tomorrow as I put a restraining order on both my landlords, who also own the property.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am wanting to put a personal safety order on them as the man (Wei) has screamed his head off at me when the gas leak occurred due to a gum tree falling on it and the lady land lord who hit, slapped and pushed me, and has also tried to wrestle the phone from my hand (my phone) and then she stood in front of my car to make sure I was unable to leave the property. eventually the husband told her to move and she did....they scare me especially her as she is harasses me until late at night and talked through my door at me until past 10pm the other week and was also banging on my door making threats. What should I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I am in Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am genuinely wanting to leave and have nowhere I can stay other than their property as I have no family or friends who can help me at this time. So I am stuck and want to leave the premises as it is impacting my stress levels and therefore my job. What can I do?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Only a temporary civil restraining order has been filed and will be challenged tomorrow.
3/7/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 5 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Afternoon

Have you reported the slapping to the police?

Do you have witnesses?

No Witnesses and yes, the police said no bruises or scars so nothing they can do??? So apparently adults can hit each other without consequence in this great day and age!

Good Afternoon

What orders have you sought in your application?

I just went into the court last Friday to get a Civil Temporary IO, I have not been able to speak to the lawyer as I have been at work regarding what will occur. I am going to put forward the argument of disturbance of peace and quiet or something to that effect. this is after suffering form consistent Harassment, especially over the last 3 +months when the other flat mate was away overseas.What do you think I should do?

Good Afternoon

In the temporary order I assume you have asked that they not approach you, intimidate and harass you.

In the court matter is this to have the order made final and for a 2 years period?

Have the other side been served with the application?

Here is a link form legal aid that explains what happens

https://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/find-legal-answers/personal-safety-intervention-orders

Hi, Thank you for helping. So I am assuming I can get them away from me for over 1 year?

Good Evening

Yes you can ask for that order.

You have to show that you have fears for your safety.

But you can get that order.

All the best and good luck with it.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards