Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

The bank has a copy of my rental agreement with tennant. The…

Customer Question
The bank has a...

The bank has a copy of my rental agreement with tennant. The bank recently sent a baliff to property 3 times, asking information about myself. The balif also told tennants I dont own the property or wouldnt soon and would I be interested in renting off the new owners aswell. I rang the bank and they said they sent the baliff to find out who was in the property and assess damages to the property etc. The bank said they did not pass any details on to my ex partner (whos name is ***** ***** the morgage) but she then stalked them on social media.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because criminal law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Northern Territory. I suspect, my ex (who does not has not ever paid the morgage) has told the bank I am a drug addict and the house is trashed and untenanted. The rent has been paying the morgage and he morgage has 20 000 in arrears. The arrangement I had with the bank was to get the house rented and that the arrears can not be addressed until I can settle with the ex

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I rang the bank to ask if they sent the baliff and they said they had to check on the property for damage? I asked to make a formal complaint about the baliff. I do not understand why they sent the baliff and only had one missed call from them two weeks ago. It does not sound right. That they attended in the first place as I had done what they requested and got it rented. And also that the tennants details were passed to my ex. Who then harrassed and stalked them. The bank denied passing on that information. But would not state why they sent the balif other than they had to check for damage?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have no money to pay a lawyer...

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Law
3/7/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

did you get a hardship package from the bank ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I dont know what that is? The agreement was that the property be rented out to address the morgage repayments and stop any further proceedings as the morgage was in arrears The rental agreement was provided and regular payments have been occuring since Janurary. The bank sent a balif, they said to check on the property and access any damage. My ex was given the tennant details, and then harrassed the tennants. I expect she has rang the bank and told them I am a druggo the tennants are a druggos and the house is trashed. - so they have gone to check, but they did not contact me and is that legal? Unfortunatly - since I have found a new partner defimation of my character has been non stop...but Is what the bank did legal and the balif OR passing on the tennant information to crazy ex has caused a world of drama
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Was what the bank did - legal?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The baliff said the bank must have passed tennant details on to the crazy ex the bank said they would not have done that. Is it legal for them to do that?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I dont have any money mate, so If this is a scam as well lets cut it now

would you like to talk on the phone, I have extended a special offer, please look at the offer

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no - I just want to know if what the bank did was legal - for my 5 bucks please

the bank has followed a legal process

but there is oppressive conduct from what you have described.

but I do consider there are other options that you can try to resolve the debt issue with the bank if you would like to discuss the same.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cheers ***** ***** cant afford to hire a solicitor or lawyer at the moment. I cost me 10000 to fix up the house and rent it out. I have to get back to work now. So the bank can send a baliff to the house for no reason legally to check if its trashed - Thank you. How do I unsubscribe?

you can select that from your member area

did I answer your important question today ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks - Cant do anything about oppressive conduct I guess it is done. Thanks John

Any time you need a chat let me know,

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars and thank you for using Just Answer.

John Melis, Lawyer