Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am a Coles MasterCard customer. I received an email on 5…

I am a Coles...

I am a Coles MasterCard customer. I received an email on 5 March saying I will need to register before using the Online Service Centre. Step 2 asks me to register Credit Card Number & CVV number and "Your ATM PIN' I have refused to give a PIN Number to a 3rd Party on a previous occasion. PIN Numbers are confidential and I object to this request. What is your advice,please

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

I live in Canberra. I understand that Coles Financial Services have been taken over by Citigroup P/L Citibank*****Sydney NSW 2000.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

This is a new initiative by "The Coles MasterCard Team' quote.

3/5/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

did you issue a formal written complaint yet ?

No

What you need to do is to write a formal complaint to the company. This complaint needs to be in a chronological order detailing what is the issue and what action you have taken to try and rectify the matter.

The complaint needs to be in a chronological order with numbered points 1, 2, 3, etc.

The complaint needs to have detailed what you need fixed and for a time limit of a minimum of 14 days to apply.

The complaint then needs to be sent to the dispute resolutions department. Make sure you keep a copy for yourself. Preferrably send the complaint by email.

If you do not receive a reply within 14 days issue a follow up complaint to the first complaint issued.

If no response is received then it is time to commence an action in the local tribunal.

Would you like to try this option first ?

Dear Mr Melis
Thank you for your reply but I wish to discontinue this matter
Peter McCabe

your are most welcome.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars and thank you for using Just Answer.

John Melis, Lawyer