Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I played the stock market and lost all my money, but I was…

Hello I played the...

Hello I played the stock market and lost all my money, but I was not shown a disclaimer and I was strongly encouraged to put in more and more money I kept saying no but in the end put in more money to try and recoup my money why did they let me lose ll my money why didnt they stop my investment before I lost my money

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I reported it to the ACORN

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No not sure what else do you mean

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/5/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Morning

What was the enticement that made you put in more money?

Did they promise you anything?

Where are they based in Australia or Overseas?

the original amount was not enough to do anything so I added more and then doubled my money , yes they did they said if I put in more I will be able to make a withdrawal the man guaranteed me i will thank him when the i put more money in
im not sure where they are from but I could hear other people in the room and they did not speak proper english properly

Good Morning

Did they guarantee that you would not lose your money? Do you have this in writing?

no they did not what they said was wait and see what the stock market is doing, and dont do anything without checking with us first meaning dont close an account if it starts to make money then accounts were all in the negative
i cant call you am broke thats why I wanted a site where the advise is free

Good Morning

You do not have to call.

Are they Australia based?

This is how the market works but I am concerned that your money was not put on the market but you were scammed by overseas scammers and they stole it.

If they are in australia you can lodge a dispute with ASIC and if they have mislead you then you can get your money back.

If they are overseas then you cannot do anything.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Good Afternoon

I am following up my last post.

Have I answered your question or is there something further you wish to know?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor