Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I went out to dinner on the weekend with friends. When we…

I went out to...

I went out to dinner on the weekend with friends. When we were leaving we were standing out the front of the venue deciding whether to call a cab or wait for the courtesy bus. There are two seats provided for patrons & I sat down & slipped off the chair. This resulted in me hitting my head & being transported to a public hospital. I had 4 or 6 stitches above my left eye. Could you advise me of Amy legal advise I should pursue?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in Queensland.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not as yet. I wasn’t sure what to do

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only I feel quite traumatised by the whole incident. I also have photos that bystanders took of the incident.

3/4/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Evnening

What caused you slipping off the chair was it faulty?

From the photo of the chair it appears to be on a lean. This particular chair was out of action last year with tape around it. It’s timber & curved with no side railings

Good evening

If it is on a lean then it was faulty and the owner of the bus has a duty of care and that has been breached.

You may have a claim for the costs you have incurred because of the injury, loss of wages (sick days) and any other losses you have suffered.

You will need to speak to a Solicitor that practices in the area of public liability and they will assist you with getting medical reports etc and also start the process.

The law society of QLD can refer you.

Their website is as follows

https://www.qls.com.au/Home

Ask for firms that practice in no win no fee

But you have a claim if the seat was faulty and you were not warned about it.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Thank you for your advice. It was very helpful. I will contact another establishment & will obtain the photos from an on looker who has already approached me. I rate 5/5 thank you again.
Kerry

Good Evening

All the best and good luck

There should be a link with stars that you select.

Thank you

Regards

Leon, Solicitor