Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Im emotionally at breaking point due to dealing with my

Hi im emotionally at...

Hi im emotionally at breaking point due to dealing with my insurance company and believe they are being unethical.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

QLD

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes i reported my car was broken into and stolen on the 2nd Jan....they stole a spare house key from my car and broke into our house when we were asleep and stole some of my camera equipment. Its 8 weeks now and i still haven't A. got my car replaced (been paying $235 for my car lease and another $211 for a rental car every week) and B. my contents insurance refused to pay contents insurance and only specified insurance... initially St george insurance refused to pay contents insurance as they said i had an old address on file this was after the assessor did a report. I told them i did change and requested they pull the phone call...

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They said they couldnt pull the call without the exac date and time so i went and spent ages going through my call reports from telstra to find this, i found it! and gave it to them and just now they confirmed i DID change my address. BUT now they are saying they aren't paying it because it wasn't forced entry! So they are making up different excuses as they go. Why didn't they tell me that when the report was done if taht was the real reason? Also how can it not be forced entry when my car was broken into and the key was stolen? it was all over channel 9 news there was a massive crime spree....

2/21/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

do you have a copy of the police report ?

No the police said they dont give copies out of the police report
hey my bank account said it just deducted $95 i thought it was $5 to get an answer?

the fee is what you have selected you can ask for supports help on the home page.

would you like to continue chatting on your important matter ?

I can't remember seeing $95 but now if ive already paid it i really need an answer as thats more money ive spent on this :(

did you get an incident number from the police ?

but i dont have that on me
actually here it is found it in my emails
QP1800014875
Police held onto my car for weeks also...its been a nightmare
nrma my car insurance have told me lies also...caught them with two lies. They had the assessors report weeks ago and sat on it for 2 weeks without processing anything. They had all my paperwork and everything. St george insurance is who i have my contents with.
Basically out of pocket thousands of dollars.

ok, you can raise a claim if you need.

I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone, please look, it will help you

John Melis, Lawyer
Will you ring me? im have a meeting shortly so am limited for time is all...maybe have 15 minutes right now to explain

ok calling now