Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have my mobile through Optus, my bill is normally$35 to…

I have my mobile...

I have my mobile through Optus, my bill is normally$35 to $40 per month on the 5 Feb I received my bill as usual this time $127.49 I rang Optus which is no mean feat to find our why the large bill I was informed that I had subscribed to 3 sites for $9.90 per week when I told them I had not subscribed to any site on my mobile the person I spoke to looked into it and said these sites had been blocked and that I only had to pay $35 and that every thing was sorted and would not happen again next day I get a text from these sites to say I had been billed again back on the phone to optus this time I speak to a women she apologises and tells me all soted again. today I get a text saying that I'm $92.49 overdue I have been on the phone for at least 1.30 hours and told their system is telling them that I subscribed and I owe the money pay or get cut off what can I do Ihave never subscribed on my mobile ever I am 70 years old and all I use it for is phone calls and sometimes banking, sorry to be so long winded

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Only the phone calls I have made to Optus

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

2/17/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

did you issue a written complaint yet ?

no

What you need to do is to write a formal complaint to the company. This complaint needs to be in a chronological order detailing what is the issue and what action you have taken to try and rectify the matter.

The complaint needs to be in a chronological order with numbered points 1, 2, 3, etc.

The complaint needs to have detailed what you need fixed and for a time limit of a minimum of 14 days requet to apply.

The complaint then needs to be sent to the dispute resolutions department. Make sure you keep a copy for yourself. Preferrably send the complaint by email.

The complaint needs to be sent to the dispute resolutions department.

If you do not receive a reply withint 14 days issue a follow up complaint to the first complaint issued.

If no response is received then it is time to commence an action in the local tribunal.

Would you like to try this option first.

thank you

you are welcome

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars and thank you for using Just Answer.

John Melis, Lawyer