Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My son passed last September and his child’s mother is

Customer Question
My son passed last...

My son passed last September and his child’s mother is wanting information about his estate the child is now 14 they seperate when the child was about 2 he died with no will

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have a legal letter from a lawyer on her behalf wanting confirmation of assets and super

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He passed away in Vietnam

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Australia Law
2/6/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 5 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Morning

Were they married or in a defacto relationship?

The relationship was on and off

Good Morning

At the time of death if they were not a couple then mother has not got any rights.

She is not entitled.

You can apply for letters of administration and the assets would go to his son.

You will need to get a solicitor to act for you.

You will need to get his death certificate form vietnam to proceed.

If they were together then the mother of the child can apply to be the benefiiciary and administrator

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask. If you wish a call we can arrange that as well.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

.