Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I'm an Australian citizen wanting to take my kids from qld…

Customer Question
Hi, I'm an Australian...

Hi, I'm an Australian citizen wanting to take my kids from qld interstate but they are being held by department if child safety awaiting court protection orders, what would be the consequences and could I ir tbe extradited back t

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Be extradited back to qld? From Victoria?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, application action for protection order

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

But its been adjourned

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
2/6/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 6 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Morning

If you breach the order and take the children then the department can have you bought back and you can face charges for the breach.

You are going to have to make an application with the court to have the children removed from the car of the department and placed back in your care.

Only this way can you take them out of the state without any issue.

You have to fight to application for the protection order.

If there is no order against you then you can take them but the Victorian Department may report it to the QLD authorities and they may intervene for the protection of the children.

Also there would be a warrant out for your arrest by the court.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask. If you wish a call we can arrange that as well.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

Good Afternoon

If there is an order made and you take the children they will seek to bring them back and have you charged.

Regards