Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am looking for some advice but not sure if you can help in…

I am looking for...

I am looking for some advice but not sure if you can help in my case... My ex partner and I separated almost two years ago and we have a daughter that is almost three years old. She is planning to go back to our country of origin with my daughter and I just wanna know if the Australian law can help me to keep my daughter with me if i am not Citizen or Permanent Resident...

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, I just wanna know who could help me in my case... I have been reading about so many rights and family laws but these are for Australian families... My daughter was born here but we are not residents...

Answered in 1 hour by:
1/23/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

can confirm your comments.

you said you are not not Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia is that right ?

that is right. My ex and I are both from Venezuela.

on this basis this is a limited options.

the only one that you may apply or is a protection visa, but there needs to be solid grounds on the same.

have you considered that option ?

To be honest I'm asking for advice because I don't know who can help me in this case... I am applying for a 457 visa and I have the option to include my daughter in that visa, the problem is that her mom's visa will end on February and she wants to go back to Venezuela and take my daughter with her. My main concern is that Venezuela is a very unsafe place to live and I am worried that something could happen to her.

ok

would you like to have a talk by phone.

I have extended a special offer, please look, it will help you

John Melis, Lawyer
should I call you...?

ok