Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I just don’t know how to ask this question in realation to a…

Hello I just don’t...

Hello I just don’t know how to ask this question in realation to a retail employee that’s going into the 7 year on casual rates

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Um yes is there any hrs that have to work for casual rates or it still goes on a 38 hr week of work with over time after that

1/23/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

your question will depend on the employment agreement.

where you are employed as a casual under a written agreement the employer can continue to employe that person as casual as for as many hours as required.

however, as the employee has been employed for 7 years, and working 38 hours a week, they do have a right to request for full time employment conditions, and the employer will need to comply.

does this answer your question ?

I just requested a phone call or I call you number please

yes I can call you.

please accept the telephone service and the system will allow the call to take place

John Melis, Lawyer
Phone call session started

calling

I thought I got a free phone call not a $100 call thank you
Just check my bank

I am sorry do not have access to that part

Sorry for bothering you but it’s made out to just answer you where great help but I don’t need this as I live with in my means fornight to fornight and $100 less
Thank you I won’t bother you again thanks

you are welcome any time to post your questions

John Melis, Lawyer