Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My son lives in qld and is in debt up to his eyebrows .I am…

Hi my son lives...

Hi my son lives in qld and is in debt up to his eyebrows .I am 81 and cannot help can you tell me if he can cet his bank to freeze his house mortgage for a period to help

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

In qld

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks

1/23/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

the banks do have a facility for emergency relief which can be provided for a period of 6 months. however, the issue that needs to be addressed to the bank is whether the property will be sold.

if the property is to be sold, the bank will be more likely to support the application process.

the banks are very supportive in hardship applications and will work with the lender to try and resolve the debt matter in the best way possible.

the key point with the banks is to be upfront and open up with communication as early as possible.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this will allow me to continue to answer your important questions.

John Melis, Lawyer