Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Is it illegal to put spy wear on a partners mobile which…

Is it illegal to...

Is it illegal to put spy wear on a partners mobile which allows to monitor all calls and text messages and photos he also illegal got the thumb print and got onto the mobile and downloaded all messages and photos and sent them to a third party.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

WA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He is controlling her mobile and is not letting her leave the house there is also domestic violence.

1/23/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

yes such action is illegal, unless that party provides their consent to such monitoring, or a court order is obtained.

does this answer your question today ?

John Melis, Lawyer
Should this be reported to the police
Phone call session started

it is not necessary to raise against the police. it is a civil claim that needs to be brought in the court

You have taken $82 from my credit card but I have had no phone call.

I rang on the number that came through the system but there was no answer, can you tell me your number