Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I need to know on how to proceed on a solar panel

I need to know...

I need to know on how to proceed on a solar panel installation

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

That's is not satisfied with the current situation with the installer

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have been given the proverbial run around by the installer. There have been some problems with the equipment

1/22/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

John Melis, Lawyer
the installation is not operating to our satisfaction. We paid our bill for the installation. AGL were given the order to install and have been paid. The original inverter was faulty and has been replace. The new inverter is generating however shows a line saying "LimbyVG" meaning limited by voltage. Having contacted AGL we were told to contact United Energy who operate the grid. Today we have had a qualified electrician and he confirmed that the voltage is steady at 245V AC. The inverter will accept up to 258VAC or so l am told by AGL. What can be done?
Phone call session started

ok

you do have a claim under the Australian Consumer Law.

ok how do we proceed?

you need to draft a complaint in a chronological order detailing the history of the matter and then issuing a demand to the vendor/seller with 21 days to fix the situation.

if they do not you can then commence the claim in the tribunal for seeking damages and costs to repair the issue