Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I live in short term transitional housing, and have set a…

I live in short...

I live in short term transitional housing, and have set a kiddie pool for my children to use. the housing providers have asked I remove the pool to safety but the pool is very well maintained, and only 20cm deep

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

They require I empty the pool after use everyday. I can't see why I can't just keep it maintained. I have 10 years of keeping recreational water sources clean and hygienic.

1/22/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

thanks

one of the issues with any type of pool on housing grounds is that it must be fenced in accordance with the building regulations.

the pool is great for the children and I am sure they really enjoy the same in the hot weather.

but where the pool is unattended and there is minimal water in the pool and it is not a secure ground, it sis possible that a child could trip into the pool and drown, which of course no one wants happen.

the housing providers I am sure are positive with your thoughts for the kids but are also protecting the larger populace (children) wondering around as well.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this will allow me to continue to answer your important questions.

there are fencing laws for pools with a water depth over 30cm, but fencing is not required for pools under 30cm
mine is 20cm
do they have the right to make me remove it anyway?

as it is public housing grounds they will be able to enforce the requirement.

this is because in the event the pool injuries a party in anyway the house authority will be held liable.

i have extended a special offer to talk with you by telephone if you need, please have look, as it will assist you and we can find way to work with the authority.

John Melis, Lawyer
Nope, that's fine, that answers my question, thanks.

you are most welcome.