Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I am in Brisbane so wanting to speak to someone about my…

I am in Brisbane...

I am in Brisbane so wanting to speak to someone about my separation and what might rights are regarding my house which I have in my own name and my husband of 1 year and 3 months has resided in my house after 2 years total and has done some building renovations with me assisting the labour over the time period and now wants me to pay for the work done after I requested him to leave.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

He said pay him $20k now or hell go for half my house. He has significant wages $130 k and i have around $50 k a year and he only paid for rent cash in hand and household expenses. Brisbane Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Where about are you located? No he says he's not getting a solicitors and moved to Nanango as a forman on a building site. There is an AVO order in place and so because of his manipulation i couldn't get him out of the house any sooner except for now where he has a cabin all expenses paid to live in by his work (Niclan builders)

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you.

1/21/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

you have a legal right to protect your self and the assets, have you commenced formal financial separation yet ?

John Melis, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello John, I have requested my husband of 1 year and 3 months to leave my property which I have owned for over 10 years on my own. He has a bipolar condition and became increasing violent and untrustworthy and didn't pay his business tax for 3 years with the tax department chasing him. He did have a job for the next 6 months as a building foreman at Nanango for the next 6 months on around $60 k with expenses paid .
Phone call session started

ok calling you now

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you 0434 124 055

calling now

I have called the number and it goes to message back and message was left.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't know why - i have a land line 07 3390 8702 if you can call that pls.

calling

John Melis, Lawyer