John Melis, Lawyer
Experience:  Family Law, Commerical Law, Property law, Probate & Wills, Employment Law, International Law, Criminal and Traffic Law, Litigation Tribunal & Courts
99270703

My wife and I purchased a house and settlement was to be at

Customer Question

Hello my wife and I purchased a house and settlement was to be at 12:30 Friday 19/01/18 we organised a REMOVALIST they arrived loaded a house lot then drove to house we purchased got there around 1:45 to find settlement had not gone through we waited there in 42degree heat for 3 hours with REMOVALIST fees ticking over and trying to contact our conveyancer and other parties that were trying to do this settlement in the end we were just high and dry with nowhere to go in the end our daughter lives around the corner so we off loaded truck load of furniture there.the thing is when settlement does finally go through we then have to move furniture from our daughter house to new property at more expense .My wife has Parkinson's and I have heart problems we are aged pensioners and don't need anymore stress as to what we went through on Friday who should be paying our REMOVALIST bill to move again we also lost our frozen and fridge food in all that heat can you give us any answers Cheers Norm & Carol
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: We are in Victoria truck not old
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  John Melis replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

since that time have been able to communicate with your conveyancer to find out what happened ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's very difficult to contact him when we did his reply was that we are still trying to do settlement and problem seemed to be with vendors solicitors and we didn't get any answers from anyone in the end

ok, would you like to discuss the very important matter by telephone as these services are available ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No don't want to go to phone call

ok

in summary this is what you can do.

if the vendor was not able to settle on your important matter, you can sue then vendor for breach of contract, and have your costs, such as moving costs, hotel costs, interest costs etc.. claimed against the vendor as damages.

you do have a legal right to protected.

I have extended a special offer to talk on the telephone, please have look, as it will help when you need.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this will allow me to continue to answer your important questions.