Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Recently I took leave for work related stress and made an…

Recently I took leave for...
Recently I took leave for work related stress and made an impulsive decision to resign after 3 weeks as had lost motivation for work. I rang my manager back 4 hours later to retract resignation but he said "No you are too damaged, it will feel strange being unemployed for a while - just use the employee assistance program". I feel now that I made a bad decision whilst stressed.
1/20/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

what date did you ring your boss and tell him you resigned ?

Nov 12th 2018

based on this date your rights would be limited, however you may be able to make claim for breaches of workplace saftey OHS where you have suffered a mental illness as a consequence of that workplace environment.

have you considered this option yet ?

No. I was put under stress and workplace was well aware I was stressed but accepted resignation anyway. Now I feel like they did not protect me whilst feeling very vulnerable.

how long did you work for that employer ?

8 years as casual employee & 8 1/2 years as permanent employee

ok

I have extended a special off to talk on the phone, please have a look, as it will help you.

John Melis, Lawyer