Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My son is in jail for breeching his parole and avo ....break…

My son is in...

My son is in jail for breeching his parole and avo ....break n enter with intent..one of the charges ....serious offence although he wants to dispute it to a lesser charge of just break n enter ... victim involved has agreed to his dispute...is it best to hire lawyer or just use duty solicitor in these more serious offences ??? Thankyou for any advice as we are very confused how to help him..

Lawyer's Assistant: Since parole regulations vary, can you tell me what state this is in?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No , but his duty solicitor did not mention certain aspects of his case which he wanted to present..eg.. victim agreement to his dispute of charge and also recommendation of him receiving Rehabilitation as part of his sentance due to the fact he has a serious drug problem which causes the terrible behaviour which the victim agrees and requests for him to be given Rehab.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He has 8 charges all up but not sure of them all, he hasn't even received a brief of the charges yet.

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/20/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

no just want an opinion of what to do ,,, are duty solicitors going to be sufficient to assist my son
no don't worry
i haven't the money to talk

Good Afternoon

Yes you should get a lawyer to represent him.

It is serious

If you wish to use the duty solicitor, he should make arrangements with legal aid and speak to them before his next appearance so they at least have some history from him before they appear.

To see them the morning of court is doing him a disservice.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask. If you wish a call we can arrange that as well.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor
ok thank you for the advice

Good Afternoon

You are very welcome.

All the best and good luck.

Regards