Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

As a Sole Trader, if a Customer is refusing to pay for Parts…

Customer Question
As a Sole Trader...

As a Sole Trader, if a Customer is refusing to pay for Parts installed into a Pump on their property (I have the Proof of Purchase for the parts installed), I have 7 months of left messages, actual conversations in which the customers verbally agreed to transmit payment and text messages requesting payment...Can I go and remove the parts installed from the property? With thanks kindly, Sonia

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. Not yet, the dent is $377.30 (plus I have a dozen other debts that fall into this category....)

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/20/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

Sonia, the next step is to issue a demand notice with 21 days to settle the account.

In the demand detail dates invoices where issued to the customer, and that if payment is not received further proceedings will be commenced. Also make sure you state the amount owed.

if payment is not made, your next step is to commence proceedings in NCAT, New South Wales Civil Administrative Tribunal.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this will allow me to continue to answer your important questions.