Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I need advice on how to get guardianship order in australi,

I need advice on...

I need advice on how to get guardianship order in australi

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Am in northern territory, australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/19/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

you have requested a phone call, I have extended a special offer to you, please look, as it will help you

oh that okay i can just type
how i can get a guardianship court order for an underage

ok

it will be easier by phone but we can chat as you request.

is the order that you are seeking for a minor, age person or a person with disabilities.

she is 17 years old

and what is your connection now to this person, grand parent, etc...

she is my niece

and on what grounds are you seeking this order; such as are the parents abusive or there are none etc...

the problem shes having is that she want to renew her student visa and her parents refuse to sign some form requested by immigration. They refused to sign because they are going back to afirca and they want the child to go with them but the child doesnt want to so i decide to be a guardian for her so i be eligible to sign her forms

this is a complicated situation as the parents have legal jurisdiction, but to answer your question how to achieve want you require i would need to speak to you on the phone.

I invite you to accept the offer.

John Melis, Lawyer
alright

numbers are displayed

hello
i just visit the family court website, what type of form do i need for the parenting consent to make me a guardian

initiating application

i found it so who do i submit it to

to the court

alright so is it a law that the application takes up to 3 months

court hearing date

alright and the parents have to be in present or not because the parent are in NSW

parents need to given consent where ever they are

hello

yes ?

regarding the initiating application, will it make a legal guardian over the underage if her parents agree to sign

no

oh so what does the initiating application actually does because i thought you said it will give me the same power as her parents

no... i said this will commence the proceedings so you can seek an order from the court.

is there any other form that will can fill by her parents and me to make a legal guardian in a short time

no, it has to go through the court as I explained to you on the telephone.

yea i know it has to go through the court but am asking if there is another way instead of submitting the initiating application.
you said the initiating application will only commence the application, so am asking if there wil be another way too immediately start the process

you have to go through the family court procedure.

I recommend that you engage a lawyer to assist with this process as it can be a little complicated to navigate.

Can i get you to assist me pls

as you are in NT, it is best to have a lawyer in that location assist you

John Melis, Lawyer