Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have public liability on two properties that I own.

I have public liability...

I have public liability on two properties that I own. Someone else is share farming these properties. In the contract he has to have public liability. Do I have to also pay public liability

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No i have just received the bill. The person i am sharefarming with says that as he is paying I should not have to

1/19/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

as long as the contract on the renter (lessee) doing the share farming states that they need to insurer the property, then you do not need too.

if you have paid for insurance and they have not insured the property you can raise those charges against the share farmer as an expense and the share farmer will have to pay

does this answer your question today ?

ok thank you I will see what happens. Does that mean the properties are covered by his insurance and I do not have to pay

yes that is correct.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this will allow me to continue to answer your important questions.

thank you for your time

you are most welcome

John Melis, Lawyer