Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My new work (care taker in social work) requires me to get…

Customer Question
Hi, my new work...

Hi, my new work (care taker in social work) requires me to get an ACN but i am currently bankrupt (7months to go). My parents have an ACN for their business can they make me a member and i can use that or do i have to make a new one and appoint one of them as director?

Lawyer's Assistant: No, you can ask a one off question to try things out.

This job is really important for my university experiance

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not yet, just ABN application which im allowed to have.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That I am a university student also and this will be a low income less than 38kpa

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/19/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Evening

You cannot be a director of a company if you are a bankrupt.

If you have a third party that is willing to do it then you can be an employee and share holder of the company.

You can appoint a parent if you want.

This will assist you.

Once you are no longer a bankrupt you can then be appointed as the director.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards