Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am from Papua New Guinea, I'm searching for my son, who…

Customer Question
I am from Papua...

I am from Papua New Guinea, I'm searching for my son, who has been kidnapped by his Australian father 14 and half years ago.. His name is***** his mother lives in Graceville some in Brisbane. His sister's name is***** my son's name is***** That's all I know.. He was only 1year 3 months old when his father took him away from me.. Please help me find my son.. Thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No,

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was told by Cameron's good friend (now deacesed) that when Cameron came back to renew my son's visa, he has lied to the Immigration offices that I (the mother) was dead, and I know that he must have changed my son's name.. My son is born in Poet Moresby , PNG

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/19/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

Have you spoke to a lawyer in PNG for to raise a claim under the international treaty of child abduction yet ?