Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have been terminated immediately from my position as

Customer Question
Hi I have been...

Hi I have been terminated immediately from my position as Business Manager. Rentokil Initial was my employer. What I need advice on was that they were supposed to pay me a 10k spouse allowance for moving my family from Rockhampton to Perth. This was compensation for my wife giving up her job. The money was to be paid 1st month the family was in Perth. That was 21st of Dec 2017. When i was terminated i received no notice period or seperation certificate. I dont want to hurt future employment prospects but i do feel the severity of dismissal and non payment of 10k is not correct. I earned a base of 160k so i know im not subject to most unfair dismissal avenues, what can i do. They have left me and my family stranded in Perth. Thanks Brad Sandilands

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Western Australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not sure

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/19/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

do you want to claim unfair dismissal ?

Im not sure. They didnt follow process but essentially if I got my 3 month notice period and 10k payment that would help provide for my family. They have left me with nothing.

do you have copy of your employment contract

No it was in my work computer

ok

I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone, please have a look, it will help you

My headspace isnt great today as im also trying to secure job or relocate back to Brisbane.

ok

select the offer, and we can talk when you are ready ?