Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Recently i have been away from home. when I returned I found…

Recently i have been...

Recently i have been away from home. when I returned I found that a power surge had burnt out the inverter on my solar power set up. I'm wondering if there is compensation allowed in such a case. I don't have insurance on it. Jack Blades

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Vixtoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

1/19/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

does your property have safety switches ?

two of them

are you renting or do you own the property ?

own it

ok.

there are two ways to go, the first is to raise a claim under your household contents insurance and if your policy does not cover your surges, you can raise a civil claim against the utility company.

I have extended a special offer to talk on the telephone to explain how that works, have a look at the offer, it will help you.

Thank you that is all I wish to know

you are most welcome

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this will allow me to continue to answer your important questions.

John Melis, Lawyer

thank you rating me.

However if you upgrade the rating to 5 stars I can keep answer your questions without further charge to you when you are faces other issues on this matter.