Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I need to talk to a investigator ******. This is my num.

Customer Question
I need to talk...

I need to talk to a investigator my name is Nick ******.

Lawyer's Assistant: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.

This is my num. ****************.Thanks. Please Call

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?

The Accused Colin ****** has Stolen $150 000

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/19/2018
Solicitor: Zoey_JD, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Phone calls are a premium service requiring an additional fee. If you are interested in a call, it can be arranged. However, to make sure that this question is in the right category, please tell me your relationship with Colin Lewis. For example, do you know who and where he actually is and do you know him personally, or is this just someone you met over the internet?

I have lived at my address, *****************, ************, QLD for 4 - 5 years. Colin has resided with me for approximately 2.5 years and I have been paying for electricity bills, and paying his share of the rent when he fell behind, for this period. I have asked him to leave and he has told me he has moved to ************, QLD over the last few days. I contracted Meningococcal disease in September 2016 and I returned to my rental home approximately 6/7 months ago. I received a Permanent Disability payout from my Super fund, as I lost 4 limbs due to the disease and have ended up in a vulnerable position. I also received money from a Go Fund Me page on Facebook, which was graciously donated by family, friends and the community to assist me to continue to live my life. This money was going to help me live on my own property, mortgage free. I had decided to purchase a certain property worth $145000, which would have left me mortgage free with money to spare. Colin used my vulnerability to talk me into purchasing another property for twice the amount, saying that he would help with some of the financing. Colin and I had agreed to the purchase of two properties next to each other (1 for me, 1 for him), and he deceived me into giving him large amounts of money for the purchase of said properties. We both filled in a contract and I put a $5000 deposit on the properties. The money I gave to Colin has not been put towards the properties and appears to have disappeared. Whitsunday Law were involved in drawing up the contract and helping me to make my dream come true. I am totally devastated that Colin has stolen that money from me. I require a fraud investigator to speak with Colin in person, because that is how an investigation gets done properly.

Thank you. This is not something I can help you with. This is a legal matter and needs to be handled by an Australian lawyer. He can discuss your remedies and options according to your law.

I am going to opt out and have it moved down under. You'll get an email when an Australian legal expert has responded.

Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

did you report the incident to the police yet ?