Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have got a matter with emirates airlines could u please…

Customer Question
Hi i have got...

Hi i have got a matter with emirates airlines could u please help me with that

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I only spoke with them they have lost my whole luggage october last year

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to make a compnsation claim on the they have offered me only 360 usd

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/19/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Morning

Did you have travel insurance?

What was your luggage worth?

Good Afternoon,

I am following up my last post.

The airlines are liable if they lose your luggage, and if you can provide them with evidence of what you're like it was worth you are entitled to receive full compensation.

A quote from a luggage supplier for the similar product, if your luggage is no longer available, would be adequate evidence.

If they refuse then you may have to consider taking action against them in VCAT all the magistrates court in Victoria.

You should also consider seeking compensation for the items that were contained in your luggage as they also had a value. The more evidence you can provide estimates value, the greater your chances of success.

Due to Emirates not being an Australian airline, the airline Advocate service is not available to you and any claim would have to be lodged with VCAT all the magistrates Court of Victoria.

If you have any further questions I'm happy to assist. If you are wanting a phone call we can also arrange that.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 6 months ago

Good Morning

I am following up my last post.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

I look forward to hearing from you

Regards