Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a question about a problem with my bank. Qld. I have…

I have a question...

I have a question about a problem with my bank.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. I have tried to talk to them through their complains department but they don't help.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It is a home loan.

1/18/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

please tell me more about the issue you are facing ?

In 2008 I had a property settlement with my spouse and I received my home as part of the settlement. At the time I had three children of school age to support and I was receiving a wage from our company just for that year as part of the settlement but after that all support stopped. I had a nervous breakdown in 2008 and a brain haemorrhage later in the year. Somehow I went into the bank and borrowed $269,000 home loan but not in one lump sum I apparently when in 11 different times and added to the home loan in one year and I don't drink, smoke or gamble and I can only account for $40,000 of the loan. The bank didn't even think that a lady that was so sick and with three children should not have been capable of paying such a high loan. that is the first part of the complain the nest is that I have paid the loan now for eight years on disability and I have only paid $6,000 off the principle amount. The payment are $355 a week and I think I have paid over $120,000 and I have only seen $6000 come off the loan.

did they put anything in writing to you ?

I think each time I got a print out of something but everything was lost when I was sick and the family packed up all the house and tidyed up the office. things went out ot the shed and got water damaged and were destroyed but, I have asked the bank for copies of everything. I went into the bank and asked for everything but I never heard back.
I'm sorry john I can't afford the $82
I have been to the bank with this complain three times and the first time they just blamed me and the second and third I heard nothing back.

no problem

the most important aspect is to help you.

I have extended a further special offer to help you by phone, please have a look, it will help you.

John Melis, Lawyer

numbers are displayed