Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Never formally charged by police only court notice then

punished by court. Fined $750...
Never formally charged by police only court notice then punished by court. Fined $750 n 2year good behavior bond put in place. How come i was never arrested n finger printed n formally charged n i never got to make a statement.
1/18/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

No sorry

If you have been before the court and they have fined you and given you a 2 year good behaviour bond, the police did charge you.

You cannot go before the court unless there are criminal charges.

They do not fingerprint you.

But you have charges and the sentence is what the court has handed you.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

There was a court notice but was never arrested or finger printed or formally charged

Good Afternoon

What was the notice for?

Police charge people all the time and do not arrest them.

Notices are given without arrests and you appear in court.

But you are still charged.

Ok thankyou

All the best and good luck

Regards

Leon, Solicitor