Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I am having a tree dispute with a neighbour. A tree expert…

I am having a...

I am having a tree dispute with a neighbour. A tree expert has put to Qcat that a few limbs need to be removed which I dont have a problem with however they also want us to agree to an order that we have to remove the dead wood evry 2 years. This I am not so enthusiastic as to my way of thinking its kind of like an encumbrance. Also I will be selling the house very shortly.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes through QCAT

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to know what happens if A: We resolve through tribunal do we have to make mention of the orders in the contract and B Advise on whether I should agree to the ongoing dead wood removal of trees to me this sounds like it will encumber the property for the future buyers

1/18/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

do you have a copy of the claim from QCAT ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do

can you upload this claim please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Here it is

I have reviewed the document

i have extended a special offer to talk on the telephone, please look, it will help you ,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thats the part I am worried about. Happy to cut the problem limbs but I am thinking that agreeing to cut dead wood every 2 years off the subject trees is like an encumbrance that will stay with the property long after I have gone. I am planning to sell.

have you set a date to sell the property yet ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Was hoping to put it up for sale next week

would you to have a talk on the phone about the liability issues ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am at work so cannot really talk

ok, what I suggest is accept the offer and I can take your call when you are free.

my numbers will display for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you can call now

please accept the offer and I can call you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The button does not work i have clicked several times

i sent your the offer again to try, you need to use a credit card too

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
not working

ok, try this offer

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Hi John I clicked your offer multiple times it did not work

ok I send you an update.

don't for get to use a valid credit card

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
John when I press that link my screen moves down a bit, nothing else happens, no credit card form or anything.

ok, are you using a computer or phone or tablet

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
computer

ok,

not sure what the issue is, there is a support menu on your screen, please have a look at

John Melis, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Your support did not offer much support

numbers are displayed to call on

John Melis, Lawyer