Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a problem with a dry cleaning company delivering the…

Customer Question
I have a problem...

I have a problem with a dry cleaning company delivering the wrong goods

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

South australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Just sent an email to their head office but the branch owner is irrational

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I wish to claim compensation for 70% of replacement value as the pants were about 3 years old but not badly worn .The shop owner refuses to compensate at all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/17/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

please explain what type of damage to the clothing occurred ?

I did not receive my correct garments after cleaning and returned the garments to the depot.The owner refuses to co operate with a replacement of the original garment even though I had allowed for partial cost of 30%.there is no acceptance of error on his part and the head office concurs with his attitude,A consumer should have some recourse .can you assist

yes

as the garments you received after cleaning were not correct you will have a claim under the Australian Consumer Law Competition and Consumer Act 2010.

On this basis you will be able to seek costs for the damage to the items of clothing.

If the business refuses to compensate you the next step is to rise a claim in SCAT, South Australia Civil Administrative Tribunal, under the civil division to pursue compensation.

does this answer your important question today ?

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this will allow me to continue to answer your important questions.