Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was wondering is it illegal to sell replica brand name…

Customer Question
Hello, I was wondering...

Hello, I was wondering is it illegal to sell replica brand name clothing online in Australia?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Well I started this about 3 days ago and have made over $1000 so far, everyone that buys them know they're replica and no complaint thus far.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, nothing else.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/17/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

yes it is illegal and significant penalties can apply.

are you operating under a company or your personal name