Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

How much does this service cost? My issue is to do with my…

Customer Question
How much does this...

How much does this service cost?

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

My issue is to do with my neighbour placing his post box on top of our fence...most of it hanging into my garden and stopping me from erecting a gate post.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None.I just want to know where I stand.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Would you loike me to get a pic of the offending post box?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/17/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

you can dispute the post box sitting on the boundary fence.

you need to send a formal complaint in writing to the neighbor first.

if they do not taking it down, then you can raise a claim at NCAT and an order can be obtained for its removal.

does this answer your question today ?

Thanks for the answer.However the problem is now over, as the neighbour has taken the post box down and installed a flash new one in his fence!
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago

ok that is great new.

well done on your efforts .

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this will allow me to continue to answer your important questions.