Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Asking about buying out a business partner. Western

Asking about buying out...

Asking about buying out a business partner

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Western australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Its a 50/50 partnership with no formal written agreement. We have put more into the business i.e machinery, reduced rent on workshop..........we want to retain the business

1/16/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

ok

you need to obtain a valuation on the business, complete a PPSR search on the asset, and then enter into formal written contracts which removes all claims by your partner to the business.

does this answer your question today ?

do we have more of a legal standing that we own more of the business due to the machinery and the rent...

yes you do and it will come down to a negotiated price.

we own the workshop where the business is operating, and the other partner has never put any equity into the business. So that would be a clear cut case then? I will save this email and get my husband who is the operating partner to ring you

there are many ways to resolve that issue but it will still come to down to a negotiation.

i have extended a special offer to talk on the phone. please have a look as it will help you

John Melis, Lawyer
You can ring now I’m free

you will need to ring me as your numbers do not display