Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am a bit emotional today, so please understand that I am a…

Customer Question
Hello Pearl. I am...

Hello Pearl. I am a bit emotional today, so please understand that I am a bit fuddled. I am being terminated tomorrow. It has been medically decided that I cannot return to my workplace due to the bullying and my work inability to deal with it and their determination NOT to. I am resigned to the fact that he will get away with it, and my employer too, I just can't see the point of Laws, if no-one will investigate all that I have said, the evidence I have provided. Nothing has been done to resolve any of it. I am left devastated, career less, hopeless and unhealthy. What do I do to get someone to see?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And how long has this been going on?

NSW, independent school. The bullying went on for a little over a year where finally my health was impacted and I had to go on work cover. I have been on #Work cover for a year and so my employer is terminating me. I understand this step- I guess today it has impacted me the most

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

EVERYTHING< and I tried to get a stop bully order through the FWC, but they medically terminated me so it was determined in a case conference to return me to "similar work different employer" my reading on cases at the FWC led me to believe I couldn't win if I was unable to return. I didn't necessarily care about winning, I wanted to shine a light on the behaviours. I tried then to apply for a FWC General Protections Order including Dismissal. I was unsuccessful because my employer still paid me and even though they cut off my email used the fact I was still on it to argue I was still an employee. Safe Work NSW did not care, and BOSTES and NSEA have only referred me to each other. I fair dinkum don't want to wake up tomorrow.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How do I make monsters accountable?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/16/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

do you want raise an unfair dismissal claim ?