Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I missed my last court date for drink driving and I've just…

Customer Question
Hello, I missed my...

Hello, I missed my last court date for drink driving and I've just been served a summons for Monday.. I know i cannot adjourn and don't have time to get a lawyer, so just wondering what process i can take towards representing myself? Thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And do you have a reliable court contact?

Victoria and no contacts..

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not sure what that means?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Ive been charged with failing to attend court aswell as have priors for drink driving.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/16/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

yes you can defend yourself, there are some key steps that you can do to minimize the impact on the penalty that will apply, but the key aspect is to explain the reason for not showing up for the last court date.

would you like to select telephone services and I can talk you through it ?

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor