Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Is there a charge for this service? Is just a question

Customer Question
Hi Is there a...

Hi Is there a charge for this service?

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

Is just a question regarding an easement on a property - I'm a real estate agent and the owners of the property can't tell me what the easement is - so I just want to find out what it means. Could you give me a rough estimate of cost?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Sure its in Queensland, Brisbane

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

It's on the title of property - I've already done a title search as I'm selling this property for the vendors -It's noted on the contract of sale, I have an interested buyer who wants to find out what it means

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No it's just about the easement

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/14/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

the easement will be detailed on the title and the plan of subdivision. Unregistered easements will also be noted on the Water Asset Management plan.

exactly what do you need to know about the easement ?

The encumbrance is as follows: just want to get an idea of what this is?
EASEMENT No###-##-####(D733943) 23/05/1969
BURDENING THE LAND
TO SUB 140 OF RESUB 3 OF SUB 1 OF POR 192
OVER EASEMENT A ON RP119276

do you have a copy of the plan of subdivision that you can upload as that is needed to refer to explain the current easement.

No I don't have this - just need a simple answer

in simple terms the details in is refer to the easement and its location, but exactly what the easement size is will depend on the diagram reference.

does this answer your important question today ?

that's fine thanks

you are welcome

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this will allow me to continue to answer your important questions.