Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Qe got 2 kids who were bailed till 10 january we went 2 cau.

Customer Question
Hi qe got...

Hi qe got 2 kids who were bailed till 10 january we went 2 cau

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

From wa we went to court on said date n were told there was a mistake that they didnt put me on the court list, now i have to wait for a summons to go back, we asked the police court officer if the bail conditions were still on and he said youve answered your bail by turning up at court and that we were told we have to wait for a summons to go back because the police came to my house for cerfew to see if i was home, can i still have cerfew without having to resign or be notified that i stil Have bail

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No it hasnt

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/14/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

so would like to challenge it ?

Were waiting for a summons for a new court date and can the cewfew from the previous bail conditions still exist while waiting for a court summons after we were told there was no more bail because we showed up to court that day

the conditions of the bail will be stated on the original notice notice of the order.

the bail conditions usually extend for the entire case, but it can also be specific to the hearing date itself.

it is important that you review the bail conditions order that you were presented with when issued.

do you still have a copy of that order ?

we have a copy and on court day the poilce court officer said that there was no more bail

ok, does the bail conditions on the copy you have state a time limit

Would like to discuss this matter further by telephone. I have extended a special offer for your consideration. have a look

10 january

then the conditions remain enforce until that date.

after that date no further conditions apply.

does this answer your important question today ?