Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My neighbour who has just moved in a month ago, is taking…

Customer Question
My neighbour who has...

My neighbour who has just moved in a month ago, is taking photos of us from her bedroom, when we're on our driveway doing maintenance, cleaning the yard, or even when the kids are outside playing. What are my rights?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Do you mean the State where we're at?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No, we just picked up on it last night, when we were out getting a snake out from one of our trees by the mail box

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have a shared drive way to our house. Her house is before us, so what we do around our driveway is somehow a problem to her

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/14/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

in this situation depending on when the photos are take, and what is capture in the images, you may have a claim of stalking, or a lesser claim of nuisance

have you considered these two points.

the alternative where you are in fear of your safety you may seek an AVO.

does this answer your important question today ?