Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Can a deed poll be assigned to soemone else? New south

Customer Question
Can a deed poll...

Can a deed poll be assigned to soemone else?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New south wales

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, i think that's all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/13/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

no it is specific to the person.

can you tell me more about the situation please ?

it's a deed poll by a company which contains terms of a contract for an IDPS service. I'm an investor. The company is transferring ownership of the IDPS to another entity and I was wondering how they can do that if its a deed poll?

do you have any copy of the contract, as this will be done on the basis of assignment under contract law

it's part of the deed poll

so are you experiencing any loss as a result of the change ?

no I don't think so, I was just wondering how it could be done if its a deed poll and whether it's legal for them to do it?

yes it is legal under the law of assignment and it is contracted.

would you like you to have a talk on the phone.

i have extended a special offer to you if you prefer. have a look as it will help you.

thank you, ***** ***** think you've answered what I need to know. Many thanks for your help.

you are most welcome

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this will allow me to continue to answer your important questions.