Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Leon, It is Rhonda Grant here again. I have spoken to you…

Hi Leon, It is Rhonda Grant...
Hi Leon,
It is Rhonda Grant here again.
I have spoken to you about family law matter and Supreme Court matter regarding a registered mortgage that I own. I would like to talk to you again. It will probably be a long phone call. When is a good time and day for you?
1/13/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

I am Currently overseas and return home on tuesday.

I cannot call you at present bur if you are patient I am happy to call you when I am back and you can choose a call then.

I hope this is ok.

Regards

Hi Leon, I now can't talk to you on Tuesday day but I can late afternoon / early evening. If that is not possible for you, can I talk to you on Wednesday? I do have trouble navigating this site for some reason - very hard to get to you. My phone number is ***** Email: XXXX. I really appreciate all your advice and quite frankly, you are the only lawyer /barrister who has given me straight answers and the right advice. I hope you enjoyed your holidays. Rhonda

Good Evening

I am back.

You have to elect a call and I will call you. If you cant I can offer you a call.

Leon, Solicitor
John Melis, Lawyer
Phone call session started

Hi Rhonda

I was not online when you asked for a call.

Can I ask if you were called?

Regards

Hi Leon, I just saw this message now. Yes I did speak to John from Melbourne who was helpful as he was explaining to me how the system works. I know you just got back from holidays so don't want to bother you now but is there a way you could ring me direct and then explain to me how the payment system works so I can actually get through to you? My number 0437 199 167. I can normally be reached after 1.30 pm in the afternoon if that is convenient for you. Thanking you Rhonda

which payment system?

Hi Leon,
I just thought that if you were to ring me direct it would complicate how you are suppose to pay online. I will be home after 1.30 pm today if that is convenient for you to contact me. It now looks like that I am now connected to you direct now so I will check check my email when I get home at 1.30 pm. Thanks Rhonda
Users/rhondagrant/Desktop/IMG_1714.jpgHave attached a photo taken a month ago so you know who I am now.
Oops doesn't seem to work.

Because you have taken the call from John I will not be paid if I call.

I do not want to cost you anymore money.

If you want me to call, I can try and offer you a call and see if that works.

Thank you
I kept on saying in the boxes that I wanted to connect to you and I told John that too. I have to go out now and I can't get back to the computer until after 1.30 pm

Message me when you get back and we can deal with it.

If you advised him you wanted to talk to me he should have cancelled the call and let me know.

Hi Leon,
I am home now so anytime that suits you I will be able to take your call. (However today I have to go out at 3.30pm but I can be here all afternoon tomorrow and from then on.) Thanks Rhonda

Hi Rhonda

I will offer you a call.

Once you accept I can call you.

It will not allow me to offer you a call.

Can you open a new question and then you can request a call.

I am here

Hi Leon, Thank you again for your help.
Leon - just one more thing if I may - would you agree with me that an appeal trying to prove that a Judge has made an error in law which probably rarely happens and will be very costly to do, we would have better chance to get those kids safer when Kylies circumstances changes down the track and start again? (This time with a new lawyer)
Just need to know if this is the best course of action. Rhonda

Good Afternoon

If there is an error in law you have a right of appeal.

Many cases have been appealed on errors of law. They are costly but that does not mean that they are not successful.

I cannot comment on the last question but a change in circumstances can be used to file a new application.

Also here is the link from the courts about direct access to barristers and what the courts say barristers have to do if they take on clients directly

http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0003/160923/sc-pd-20of2012.pdf

All the best

Regards