Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My partner and I have separated after 20 years we have a 17…

Customer Question
Hi my partner and...

Hi my partner and I have separated after 20 years we have a 17 & 12 year old

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Hobart

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have moved out to give us space and she is still living in our owned house so im paying rent elsewhere.Can you advise what my obligfations are until we sell house

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/10/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

the next step that will occur is financial separation, this is were the assets are divided between the parties.

have you commenced this formal process yet ?