Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I've been charged for common assault and will plead guilty.

Customer Question
Hi there, I've been...

Hi there, I've been charged for common assault and will plead guilty. I don't need a lawyer to do this do I?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I'm in NSW, sorry is this an Australian law website?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Basically, my sister has taken an AVO out against me. She was having a drug induced psychotic episode when I assaulted her, she was left with minor skin lesions and sore arms. I now need to attend court, all the evidence is correct and I will plead guilty as there is also video evidence. That's basically all the information I have.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thats about all.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/9/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

no you do not need a lawyer, unless you want to obtain a reduce penalty, which the lawyer can assist you on the same.

Does this answer your important question today ?