Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a avo on my partner I’m going to court tomorrow to…

Customer Question
I have a avo...

I have a avo on my partner I’m going to court tomorrow to have it revoked I just want some help on what to say to the judge

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

As I’m really nervous

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No Just want help on how to speak to the judge

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/9/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 6 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Evening

I assume it was taken out by the police.

The Police will be representing you. You have to advise the prosecutor that you wish to withdraw the AVO.

If the AVO is as a result of an assault the police and the court will not withdraw it because the assault charge.

But if it is solely an AVO you can request that it be withdrawn and you will be asked whether you still have fear or not, If the answer is that you do not then the court will withdraw it.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards