Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a 60acre residential farm in nsw that I have a

Customer Question
I have a 60acre...

I have a 60acre residential farm in nsw that I have a residential mortgage over. It is in arreasrs by about 4 months and I have received a letter of foreclose if I don’t pay the arrears bt 11/1/2018. I have the mortgage with a credit union in NSW. I am waiting for an invoice to be paid to me by a debtor that more than clears all the mortgage arrears plus I have a full time job. I have a wife and 2 young children living on the farm. What can I do to save the day?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?

NSW. Yes, I Have a Section 57 2 b form sent to me

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Only what I have said

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have an anuity payment due 8/2/2018 that also pays more than enough for the arrears

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/9/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

you need to assign the payment straight over to the lender so it is paid directly to them

this will give you time to clean things up

does this answer your question today ?

can I assign the invoice I am owed to the mortgagor to pay yhe arrears?

yes you can

this will require negotiation to achieve this outcome.

do you want to try this way ?

Are the lenders usually keen for this rather than foreclose?

the lenders would rather resolve the matter

would you like to talk on the phone, I have extended a special offer to you

please
I woul like to take up your offer

please accept the offer and we can talk on the phone then