Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I need to change a booking for travel between NZ and

Customer Question
I need to change...

I need to change a booking for travel between NZ and Australia. The UK passport added my friends maiden name before her surname (Sayce - Hight , rather than just Hight). I'm being told I have to pay fee of $144 to change the name on the booking.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I contacted webjet who I did the booking through and they told me that they had to check with Virgin.; then informed me of the fee. I called Virgin Australia and they told me I had to go through webjet as they did the booking.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to know if I have to pay the fee. The travel is for February 2018

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/9/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

in relation to changing name you will need to contact the carrier to change the name on the ticket.

have you contacted the ticketing center ?

they told me that I had to go back to webjet as they did the booking. They wouldn't change it.

do you have a copy of the terms and conditions of the ticket ?

id so what does the section on changes state ?

I thought this was the aviation ombudsman??

no it is just answer

the answer to your question is on the ticket terms and conditions