Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I bought over the phone from Dyson (NSW) (as they offered 5%

Customer Question
I bought over the...

I bought over the phone from Dyson (NSW) (as they offered 5% less than a price by one of their retailers) The order was placed over thev phone on 22nd of Dec. Iwas told that it would take 3 days but it arrived by Australia Post on 29th. I charged it(recommended in the schedule).

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

There 3 blue lights , all 3 should come on. I tried several times. 2 blue lights would come on the 3rd would flas then all 3 lights would go off. I left to charge over nigyt but in the morning all 3 blue light did not light up and the trigger to put it on (as if working) did not work. I did it again and again with different power points checking the power point was working using my phone to charge.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I rang Dyson on 29th Dec. The lady said she would send me a new charger, I explained I had bought this as a gift, paid the recommended price for the V8 Absolute vacuum cleaner ($669.30) and would like a new machine. I rang the next day spoke to another lady, she sent me a returning label. I posted it back on 2nd Jan. I rang yesterday (after waiting on the phone for 45 mins) the lady told me my machine was in the workshop for assessment (arrived only on 4th)and I had to wait.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I said to her my machine is new and not working I should get a replacement not repair. This morning the team leader Shane rings saying the machine is working and will send it back to me. I said I would either accept a new machine or get my money back (has a 30d money back gurantee) I told him such mchines should not be sold to the public and instead of being assessed I should get a new machine. Then he says tonight he will chargev it to see if it works. I paid on 22nd Dec got the machine on 29th Dec sent back on 2nd Jan with returning label and today 9th Jan the problem is not solved, Such a big company like Dyson has caused much inconvenience to me, I could have bought the same machine elsewhere by now. (I had to wait each time to speak to customer service for at least 45 minutes) I do not accept this machine they could have repaired it by now and send it back. This did not work even 1 minute when I charged it fully (followed the schedule) I tried for 48 hrs to charge it before giving up. I would like my full refund within 24 hrs or a brand new machine within 24 hrs. Please help. thank you

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/9/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

have you made a formal written complaint yet to Dyson

I have contacted and spoken to Shane in customer service (first to an officer then the team leader Shane was the last one spoken to who told me he would charge the machine in the night (last night).(all happened in NSW). Should I write to Dyson? Even ordering the Dyson was by phone.U could write if you want me to

yes you should write to dyson explaining the entire situation.

with your correspondence you need to detail the in a chronological order what has occurred and what action you have taken to fix it.

does this answer your question today ?