Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

My 15 year old daughter has been living with her father

Customer Question
Hi my 15 year...

Hi my 15 year old daughter has been living with her father about 4 years and we pay 100% child support and we rairly she here. She is messaging me wanting to borrow money but to give to the lady she is spending a lot of time with caring for her children. Not ideal but it’s been engineered this way. At what age can she become respondsie for her maintenance and then pay board etc if her father requires. He gets a free house and electricity with his salary package so expense is mainly food from him. Many thanks. Sallee

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have friend over the years to have his income assessed etc and I just end up more distraught so no. I thought since she is 16 soon I can stop his $1000.00 play money stop going to him and she can learn to manage money hopefully

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He has deliberately damaged the relationship with myself and her stepfather plus she schooling is not ideal and she seems to be unsupervised and was asking a family friend if they had a strong oxicodiene type drug for Sara’s visiting friend. Worried about how she will turn out but at worst he can only get two years more money out of us I think. Sad part is my daughter would have a structure and loving environment but at 11 chose this

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Law
1/9/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

do you have parenting orders in place consented by the court ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No - at the time it was half and half and amicable then Paul began working on Vonnie to live with him he got the 100% assessment done for her to live full time with him. We engaged a lawyer who said we could win and get her back but he had won the psychological war. I also asked re assessment as he “earns” less than me but has two investment properties and his salary package is a 4 bedroom house but CS deemed rent would be $200.00 per week. I just gave up and got sadder

would you like to consider parenting orders at this time ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am working waiting for GP s to see me, sorry. At this age can I pay to Siobhan’s account or at 16 in April
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are parenting orders worth it from age 16. She doesn’t appear to be operating under normal parenting rules even

I have extended a special offer to talk on the telephone if you prefer ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you but would tomorrow morning be Ok - I am a medical rep and in between doing calls.

yes it is

just accept the offer and you can call me when you are free

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor